Ubuntu Healing Circle
A Black affinity space
next one Thursday July 1, 2021 @ 7 pm EST
This is an affinity space, a safe space for Black folks to show up.
If you do not identify as Black or African American please do not access this healing circle.
I agree to:
PRACTICE LOVE AND KINDNESS – LOVE is an actionword. Practice it → Listen, Observe, Value,and Encourage.
● PROTECT THE SPACE – make it comfortable, makesure participants can join in at their comfort level;share speaking time.
● PROMOTE SOLIDARITY – look for commonalities,instead of differences, support shared experiences
● EMPHASIZE COOPERATION/INTERDEPENDENCE – shareresponsibility for flowing, freeing conversations,everyone involved in leading the circle
● STRENGTHEN FAMILY/COMMUNITYRELATIONSHIPS – be creative in identifyingpractices that build compassion in yourcircle, at home and in your community
● ENCOURAGE RESPECT/PEACEFULNESS – speakpositive and calming words, use languagethat is affirming and supportive
● REINFORCE SPIRITUALITY – create spaces thatcleanse, ground, inspire and connect us toour Creator, ancestors, and communal values.